Choose Your Own Adventure Style Workout Part 3: Pike & Jump
This is part 3 of the 6 part choose -your-own-adventure style workout series. Woo hoo! I know you’re excited. This one is short but effective. A little strength move, some single leg stability stuff, and cardio. Like a wham, bam, thank you ma’am type workout. Come on. If I can be on YouTube with my tush in the air, you can at least press play and follow along in the security and privacy of your own home.
There is some equipment in the exercises but the neat thing is you don’t really need any. A towel? You got a spare piece of cloth somewhere. A jump rope? Not really necessary, you can do the exercises without it. The skaters can be done without any equipment and instead of jumping rope, just jog in place or do jumping jacks.
Or burpees 3:-)
The exact time the workout starts in each video is listed so you can skip past the brief intro and get on with the workout, or take the 30-45 second rest.
- jump rope (optional)
- small towel
- Workout starts at 0:40
- Plank Pike (45 seconds)
- Skaters (40 seconds)
- Jump rope (35 seconds)
PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 1 Squat & Press (starts 0:40)
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 2 Swing & Punch (starts 0:38)
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 4 (starts 0:37)
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 5 (starts 0:35)
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 6 (starts 0:45)
EXERCISES – DESCRIPTIONS AND MODIFICATIONS
- Plank Pike – Modify on elbows. Keep core tight the ENTIRE TIME! Draw your stomach in and use your abs to lift your bum in the air, don’t curve or put strain on your back.
- Skaters – Jump from side to side and land softly on your feet, keeping your knees slightly bent upon landing. Modify by increasing the distance you are jumping. And why do I keep saying “stick it”? I think I just watched that gymnastics movie…
- Jump rope – land softly on the balls of the feet, modify by jumping with one foot at a time OR increase difficulty by adding double unders. If you don’t have a jump rope, run/jump in place.
Now lets do this!