DESCRIPTION This is part 2 of the 6 part choose -your-own-adventure style workout. Pick your length, pick your poison. But most of all, pick something.
There is some equipment in the exercises but the neat thing is you don’t really need any. If you don’t have things like weights or jump ropes don’t worry about it, use water bottles (1 gallon of water = 8 pounds). The exact time the workout starts in each video is listed so you can skip past the brief intro and get on with the workout, or take the 30-45 second rest.
- jump rope (optional)
- 2 light weights (3-5 lbs for women, 5-10 lbs for men)
- 1 heavy weight (5-10 lbs for women,
- Workout starts at 0:40
- Squat and one arm swing (30-40 seconds each side)
- Punches (30-40 seconds each side)
- Jump rope (45 seconds)
PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 1 (starts 0:40)
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 3 (starts 0:31)
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 4 (starts 0:37)
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 5 (starts 0:35)
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 6 (starts 0:45)
EXERCISES – DESCRIPTIONS AND MODIFICATIONS
- Squat and swing – keep chest lifted, modification is to increase/decrease range of motion. Works glutes, thighs, core, shoulder
- Punches – keep core engaged the whole time, controlled movement. Works biceps, shoulders, chest, triceps, core. Modify by increasing or removing weight.
- Jump rope – land softly on the balls of the feet, modify by jumping with one foot at a time OR increase difficulty by adding double unders. If you don’t have a jump rope, run/jump in place.