“This post may contain affiliate links. Better believe I don’t promote anything I don’t believe in or stand behind. Click here to read my disclosure.”
Ditch the New Years Resolution
First of all, “New Year New Me” is a a joke. I mean, throw it down the mental garbage disposal. New Year’s resolutions rarely stick past the first few weeks of the new year. Change doesn’t happen overnight.
Reflect upon 2017. Did you accomplish everything you wanted to last year?
If so, AWESOME. I’d love to hear what worked for you.
If not, I’ll share some tried and true ways to turn those dreams into tangible and ACHIEVABLE goals.
Change your mindset and start GOAL SETTING
Changing your perspective will help you conquer your goals in 2018 Let’s ditch the ineffective and temporary New Years resolution for concrete, concise and attainable goals for the coming year.
5 simple ways to conquer your goals for 2018
1. Ditch the New Years Resolution for the 2018 Goal Plan – no more wishy washy vague claims that are forgotten by groundhog day. Forget “New Year, New You” for “This Year, Better Me”
2. Start Small for Quick Wins – It doesn’t matter how small the goal, it matters the consistency with which you hit them. Quick wins lead to confidence boosts which builds momentum for those bigger, baller goals.
3. Make SMART goals – Specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely. “I will workout more” is vague. “I will take a ten minute walk three times a week” or “I will stretch for 5 minutes before bed during the weeknights” are SMART.
4. Write Them Down – Studies show you’re twice as likely to hit a goal with the simple act of WRITING THEM DOWN.
5. Revisit and Revise – Setting a goal is just the beginning. The only way to keep yourself on track is by going back periodically and seeing what you’ve accomplished, what has worked and what hasn’t, and then making adjustments. It’s a journey so get excited about having the framework to succeed. Failure is part of growth.
Lastly, THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF SETTING GOALS IS WRITING THEM DOWN AND TRACKING THEM.
But how? I’m glad you asked.
Do you get distracted trying to do #allthethings and feel like you could be more productive?
Do you feel like you work hard but don’t see the results you want?
Did you look back at 2017 and KNOW you could achieve more?
The “Slay Your Goals” planner is a printable guide to map out exactly what you need to do to hit your goals.
Having a plan of action and being able to break down big goals into bite sized pieces lets you focus on the tasks that are the MOST IMPORTANT at that time to get you where you want to go. This year long goal planner is a comprehensive guide that helps guide you through the process.
Are you ready to act this year? Get it out of your head, put it on paper, and SLAY YOUR GOALS for 2018! Click HERE to get your copy.
Finally, let’s put pen to paper and set up some achievable and specific goals for the next year.
Check out my post on “Why does setting goals matter” here. Cause it does.
And last but not least, what’s the biggest thing you want to accomplish this year? Share your thoughts below and tell me how I can help you achieve them this year 🙂