So the holidays are here… and you know what that means. Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, pies… and sitting on the couch in a food coma.
You have a couple options.
- Gain weight and fall off the wagon during the holidays
- Use moderation and clean eating (80% of the time) and allow yourself to splurge on MY FAVORITE food holiday
No one expects you to be perfect. I sure as heck am NOT. I know I’m going to be splurging on pumpkin pie and dishes loaded with butter, so I am mentally (and physically) preparing starting Monday morning. For starters, eating clean and low fat options Monday thru Wednesday like lean proteins such as chicken and fish.
Here are a couple pointers:
- Try to make “clean” recipes for your Thanksgiving feast. Check out this website for some recipes.
- Don’t skip workouts. Just do it. You’ll feel better about it. Promise.
- Eat clean 80% of the time, splurge 20% of the time. It’s ok to splurge. Don’t ever feel guilty about food. Everything in moderation, right?
- Drink a lot of water. Flush out those toxins, fill up on zero calorie healthy goodness.
- Plan ahead. Don’t get stuck at Nana’s in front of a plate of hors d’oeuvres on an empty stomach. Eat every 3-4 hours, snack on healthy stuff (protein, carbs, and fat in every meal), and you won’t binge on crap. Excuse my French.
And remember that what’s really important is not how you eat between Thanksgiving and New Year’s. What’s important is how you eat between New Year’s and Thanksgiving. Eating a couple high fat and high calorie meals won’t break you. Feeling like you’ve lost the battle? Don’t worry about it. Belive in yourself, stick to your guns, and remember you are f***ing beautiful. No matter what.
Photo credits: photo by martha_chapa95 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56192190@N05/5203091533/) via Flickr
Featured photo by: