…. even when it’s rare that I’m up before the sun, I love to get up and workout first thing in the morning. Why? Why is it worth the discipline of going to bed early, the sacrifice of NOT snoozing your alarm for another hour? I’ll tell you why.
1. Because I get to see the sun rise
2. Who needs coffee when you have adrenaline and epinephrine?
3. No excuses later in the day, nothing can come up to get in the way of my workout
4. I live in Texas, and in the summer it’s 20 degrees cooler in the morning
5. Because you get it over with. What could be better than coasting downhill after 7:30 AM?
6. Because no matter what happens later in the day, I already have something to be proud of and nothing can take that away
7. Getting up early jump starts my metabolism and ensures that I get all 5-6 meals in for the day
8. Testosterone levels are higher in the morning so yay, building more musclesssss
9. I get so much more accomplished when I start the day off with some blood pumping through my veins
10. Because starting the day right is important. It sets the tone for your whole day
So go to sleep an hour earlier, get 7-8 hours of sleep, and STOP snoozing your alarm. Get out there and run. Pump some iron. Get on a bike, stationary or otherwise. Get your blood moving and your brain grooving. Ready, set, GO!