Another Oatmeal Recipe?
Oats are a great source of clean carbs and great fuel for your morning. Unfortunately, if they’re part of your daily meal plan they can get… well straight up boring. Here’s a recipe that’s flavorful but not too sweet, filling and full of ready-to-use nutrients and energy (in the form of slow burning clean carbs), yet filling and satisfying and easily modified for variety. If you’re in competition prep or on a strict low-fat diet, substitute eggs for egg whites but otherwise keep the yolks. Why? Because they contain digestive enzymes, nutrients including vitamin A, D, E, K, B-12 (for energy), omega-3’s, folate, choline (for brain function), and multiple antioxidants that are not present (or contain far less) in egg whites alone .
Your choice. Do your research. When you’re done enjoy the fluffiest most palatable breakfast that jump starts your protein intake for the day and after eating, leaves you satisfied and energized to take on the day.
Fluffy Protein Oatmeal (1 serving)
By Dena Maddie; Today I Will Be Fit
1/2 c oats measured before cooked
1 Tbsp ground chia/flax seeds
1/2 serving protein powder (I use Dymatize ISO-100 Hydrolyzed 100% Whey Protein Isolate – Cinnamon Bun 1.6 LBS)
Optional toppings :
– ¼ c canned pumpkin or berries
– 0.5-1 Tbsp Stevia
– 1 Tsp Cinnamon, ½ Tsp ground cloves, ½ Tsp ground ginger
– 2 oz almonds/walnuts & 2 oz raisins
- Heat 2/3-1 c water on stovetop to boil
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Add dry ingredients and stir until 1-2 min less than package instructions
- Add egg
- Cook & stir for 1-2 minutes or until egg cooked
- Top with spices & natural sweetener, 1/4 c fruit, options listed above.
- 322 calories
- 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat)
- 24 g protein
- 32 g carbs (3 g of carbs from sugar)
- 30% fat, 30% protein, 40% carb macro ratio
There are affiliate links in this post, I personally have tried and use the products mentioned in this post. Affiliate links provide me to share these posts with free information and research so if you purchase through my links I appreciate your support and promise to continue to add value and content to this page for your enjoyment!