It’s Friiiiiiiiday! You got 5 minutes, I know you do! Burn some calories and make those mus-kles burrrrrn with my 6 part workout series based on flexibility and short, effective workouts.
This is part 5 of the 6 part choose -your-own-adventure style workout. Get you some core, legs, & arms, then a little short cardio push.
There is some equipment in the exercises if you don’t have a set of weights than bottles of water or cans of veggies will work just we well. A jump rope? Not really necessary, you can do the exercises without it.
The exact time the workout starts in each video is listed so you can skip past the brief intro and get on with the workout, or take the 30-45 second rest.
- jump rope (optional)
- set of light weights
- Workout starts at 0:37
- Side Plank Lifts (50 seconds – 1 minute each side)
- Squat & Row (40 seconds)
- Jump rope (40 seconds)
PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 1 Squat & Press (starts 0:40)
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 2 Swing & Punch (starts 0:38)
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 3 Pike & Jump (starts 0:37)
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 4 Curl & Lunge (starts 0:30)
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 6 Core & Cardio (starts 0:22)
EXERCISES – DESCRIPTIONS AND MODIFICATIONS
- Side Plank Lifts – Work shoulders, obliques and core. Modify by putting knee and elbow on ground OR increase intensity by putting both feet together in a side plank, lifting top foot higher in the plank, and coming up from the elbow to the hand (keeping the wrist in line with the shoulder)
- Squat & Row – work legs and shoulders. Modify by decreasing depth of squat and decreasing OR increasing weight. Keep core tight, make sure send your hips and butt back and make sure your knees don’t pass your ankle. Keep elbows in and squeeze shoulder blades together at the top .
- Jump rope – land softly on the balls of the feet, modify by jumping with one foot at a time OR increase difficulty by adding double unders. If you don’t have a jump rope, run/jump in place.
Let me know what you think and what you want in my next set of videos! Comment below or touch base with my page at www.facebook.com/todayiwillbefit