Choose Your Own Adventure Workout Part 4 – Curl & Lunge
I loved those Choose Your Own Adventure books as a kid. You might like the idea of being in charge, deciding how long you have to workout and determining the order of the series. .Just get right into this create-your-own workout, no equipment needed. Make a few feet of room, grab a workout mat or towel to put on the floor if needed, and go. Don’t think, just do.
This is part 4 of the 6 part choose -your-own-adventure style workout. This video works on balance, single leg stability, core, and coordination. A little strength move, some single leg stability stuff, and cardio. Like a wham, bam, thank you ma’am type workout. Come on. If I can be on YouTube with my tush in the air, you can at least press play and follow along in the security and privacy of your own home.
There is some equipment in the exercises but the neat thing is you don’t really need any. If you don’t have a set of weights than bottles of water or cans of veggies will work just we well. A jump rope? Not really necessary, you can do the exercises without it.
The exact time the workout starts in each video is listed so you can skip past the brief intro and get on with the workout, or take the 30-45 second rest.
- jump rope (optional)
- set of light weights
- one heavier weight
- Workout starts at 0:30
- Single Leg Squat & Curl (45 seconds each side)
- Rainbow lunge (45 seconds each side)
- Jump rope (40 seconds)
PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 1 Squat & Press (starts 0:40)
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 2 Swing & Punch (starts 0:38)
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 3 Pike & Jump (starts 0:37)
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 5 (starts 0:35)
- Choose your own adventure workout: Part 6 (starts 0:45)
EXERCISES – DESCRIPTIONS AND MODIFICATIONS
- Single Leg Squat & Curl – Work legs, arms, and core. Modify by putting toe on ground insted make sure your knees aren’t going past your toe, keep back straight, core tight, and chest up. Modify by placing toe of lifted foot on ground or increasing/decreasing weight of dumbells.
- Rainbow Lunge – work legs and triceps. Modify by decreasing depth of lunge OR increasing weight. Keep core tight, make sure to lunge out far enough where your knee doesn’t pass your ankle and keep elbows in close to your head.
- Jump rope – land softly on the balls of the feet, modify by jumping with one foot at a time OR increase difficulty by adding double unders. If you don’t have a jump rope, run/jump in place.